Monday, April 16, 2007

Be The Ball

Softball has started. What a proud moment for me. I get to teach my twins the love of the game. Now my girls are the youngest on the team (4-yrs old) but they are holding their own. At practice, I exhaustingly explain as much as I can but there is nothing that teaches the girls what to expect until you play your first game. So it's game time. Highlights from the game are:


  • A ball is hit to the outfield and straight to Taylor. I look out and her glove is on the ground 4 feet away and she's doing her hair.

  • Sydney's up to bat. She hits off the tee and runs as fast as she can off the field, into the stands and gives her Nana a kiss.

  • Another ball hit to Taylor... her back is turned to the crowd and shes at the fence tracing letters on a banner hung by a faithful sponsor.

  • Did I mention the umpire stopped the game momentarily because Sydney was "just tasting" the chalk that lines the field.

Just be the ball girls. Just be the ball.






See the child on the right? This is the one of the smaller girls on the team. Now see the little blond? Yep, that's my Syd.

And finally, after the game...

3 said...:

Fish said...

oh stop it, I just melted

kellycoxsemple said...

What a riot. :-) Thanks for the much-needed chuckle. They are adorable!

Distant Timbers Echo said...

My neices are ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!! As are you Cuzzin!

I love you guys!
:)
Jas...