Thursday, March 27, 2008

30-Something Girl's Birthday

Well, my birthday has arrived, and yes... I am still 30-something.

I love my birthday. It seems to last for a week! I love going to work knowing that my career capsule (aka cube) will be totally trashed with confettii, balloons, gifts, shredded paper.

I love that we have a tradition in my family that everyone calls and sings various versions of "Happy Birthday" on my voice mail. I love listening to 20 songs - all completely different. I love the flowers I know I will get from my boss and I love the precious gifts my kids make me. I love my special homemade rum cake Mimi makes just for me. Not only do I love my birthday, but I love to do the same to everyone I know on their birthday.

Birthday's rock! It's the one day I can wear my birthday pin "What part of princess don't you understand."


Here are a few pics from my most wonderful day... I am so sad it's over already.














































3 said...:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Mine was the 22nd-- 42. I guess I could just say forty something. hehe
Your birthday looks like it was a BLAST!!

Unknown said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Baby Stac! I'm glad it was as wonderful as you are. My son turned 16 on the 26th. Yeah, I'm getting old! *wipes tear*

Hope to see you soon!

Love ya,

Xavi

30-Something Girl said...

That's right Kathleen! I forgot we share a birthday!

Hey Xavi! How's everything with Baby xavi? Sharita has a new baby boy - hopefully the adoption goes smooth!